Our attorneys have extensive experience providing estate planning services for any size estate. Regardless of the value of your assets or your family dynamics, it’s important to have a comprehensive estate plan which encompasses planning for life and death.
Comprehensive Planning for Life and Death
At Hunt & Associates we meet with you to review your assets, liabilities and family dynamics to help us create a comprehensive estate plan that best suits your financial and personal situation. The plans that we prepare not only address issues that arise after your death, such as who gets what property; but they also address more complicated issues, such as:
- What happens if you become incapacitated and are unable to manage your finances?
- Who makes health care decisions for you if you are in a coma or on life support?
- How and when will your children receive your property when you pass away?
- If you’re in a second marriage, will your children from a previous marriage receive any of your estate?
- Do you have a taxable estate?
- How can you reduce estate or inheritance tax liability?
- How can you keep your business in the family?
Your Involvement in Your Estate Plan
To help address the number of issues that arise we encourage client involvement in the estate planning process by meeting with our clients to determine each client’s goals and family dynamics, and to clearly explain each client’s estate planning options based on these goals and dynamics. This allows the client to make an informed and educated decision about what estate planning documents best suit the client’s financial and family needs.
We never force an estate planning plan on a client and don’t believe in “one size fits all planning”. Documents that we may prepare include, but certainly are not limited to:
- Last Will and Testament
- Revocable Living Trust
- Irrevocable Trust
- Special Needs Trust
- Power of Attorney
- Living Will or Advance Health Care Directive
Speak With an Attorney About Your Estate Planning Goals
To create an estate plan or to make sure that your existing estate plan adequately reflects your financial and personal situation, contact Hunt & Associates in Portland to schedule a consultation.