Kevin J. Tillson
Kevin Tillson is admitted to practice in both state and federal court in Oregon.
Mr. Tillson graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in renewable natural resources in 1999. He graduated from Willamette University College of Law in 2003. Following his graduation Kevin worked as an associate for a firm specializing in criminal defense. Before he joined Hunt & Associates, Mr. Tillson tried and won both bench and jury trials.
Since joining Hunt & Associates Kevin has actively worked in the litigation of employment claims, divorces, personal injury claims, criminal charges, and commercial claims. He has also worked on the preparation of numerous estate plans and wills from the most simple and basic to marital estates having net assets of more than $25 million. His article on Preserving Community Property Rights in Oregon was published in the January 2008, in the Oregon Bar Estate Planning and Administration Newsletter. He regularly prepares contracts and leases for businesses and individuals in real property, business, real estate, and employment matters.
In 2008 Kevin successfully argued an appeal before the Oregon Supreme Court in Johnson v. Mult. Co. Dept. Comm. Justice, 344 Or. 111, 178 P.3d 210 (2008) in which the Court defined the respective responsibilities of a trial judge and jury in deciding when the statute of limitations begins to run for purposes of a civil claim.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Claims
- Personal Injury Claims
- Criminal Charges
- Commercial Claims
- Probate & Estate Administration
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Oregon
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- University of Arizona
- Major: Renewable Natural Resources
- Preserving Community Property Rights in Oregon, Oregon State Bar’s Estate Planning and Administration Newsletter, January, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Multnomah Bar Association